Catherine McKinney joins the firm after two years clerking for Hon. Rachel A. Adams of Kings County Supreme Court, Matrimonial Part. Ms. McKinney has prior experience working with divorcing couples as a New York Legal Assistance Group (NYLAG) legal fellow in the Divorce Mediation Project, a NYLAG intern in the Matrimonial & Family Law Unit, and as a student mediator in the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Divorce Mediation Clinic. Ms. McKinney has additional prior legal experience as a Judicial Intern for Hon. Ronald L. Ellis of the Southern District of New York (SDNY), and as a Contract Attorney at MoloLamken LLP, a boutique litigation firm in Manhattan.
As a compliment to her focus on matrimonial and family issues during law school, Ms. McKinney has studied several other forms of dispute resolution – participating in mediation seminars in Israel in 2012, co-founding the Cardozo Philosophy and Law Society, and focusing her studies at New York University on national security and diplomacy – all of which have helped Ms. McKinney to develop a unique style for dealing with conflict.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2014
- New York University, Master of Arts, Politics & International Relations, 2011
- Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts, English, 2007
- New York State Bar
- New York City Bar Association
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association
AWARDS & HONORS:
- Jacob Burns Medal, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Cardozo Service & Achievement Award
- Phi Beta Kappa member, Academic Honors Society